Tuesday 5 June 2007

Blogger, blogger, come out and play! Blogger, blogger, what you have to say?!

So. TT's comment made me think- what is my blog for? So, I went to a bunch of blogs and categorised them. In fact, I did something completely forbidden at my so PC peaceloveandunderstanding job. I boxed and stereotyped people!!! Oh, and I'm really excited about it and don't think I will go to hell for it. (I will go to hell for being Jewish and everyone who watches South Park and/or listens to Mel Gibson knows that)

So, types of bloggers:

Those that keep friends and family informed about their travels:
Example: the wannabe cool hippie (but in fact a totally uncool - still hippie:
"Oh man, I've just came back from Abkhazia, and it's not a country, but in fact it is and the people who live there are cool, 'cause they grow all sorts of stuff and they are happy, although they don't have a country, except they do, you know what i mean man?"
Errr, no, we don't know what you mean, we will rather go and watch Michael Palin climb the Himalayas. Next!!!

The political blogger:
Usually, with a zillion links to political sites, I will eat my shorts if there is one that doesn't include a link to either www.freetibet.burma.palestine.org or a www.god.is.so.cool.org or a www.secularismrules.com or ... basically, a www.iamright.youarewrong.org (or was it www.screwyouropionion.com?)

The diary blogger:
"...yesterday I dreamt that a giant moon swallowed the Earth and I totally think it symbolises... " Yes. Of course it symbolises whatever you want it to be. It's your dream, leave us out.
Oh and what you did yesterday? Nope, checked with others- we don't care!

The philosophical blogger: just like the political, but there is a question mark at the end of each political statement (you coward). Less links.

The artsy blogger: well, let's see. the film lover: Loads of pictures of naked men (ok, some of us know who that is) from various movies. The particular blogger put up a comment recently: "i saw loads of visitors on my site for a long time, some from different countries, yet, none of them left a comment". hmmm.... dear oh dear. Someone talk to the boy. Please don't forget that part about 'losing innocence' and of course 'never accept sweets from strangers, especially if they lay a path with candy to the nearest public toilet'.

There are waaay more categories, but I'm done picking on people, I had my fun for the day! (who said you can't have fun with clothes on?) But one last category:

The real bloggers.
People who cannot express themselves in real life and have to resort to the virtual because they are afraid. Of being judged, sometimes not in a literally sense- i.e. freedom of speech is still limited to some parts of the world- while others are scared of being judged by their peers/relatives.. for what they say, when they say it and how they say it. Either because they think no one understands them (most of the time they are right- we don't understand you!) or they have a Jewish mother, in which case, not even a blog will help you, you're doomed.

I don't know what kind will my blog be. I will try to make it reflect my life here and now. For me. for later.

6 comments:

albeo said...

love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it

Decline of Civilisation said...

Ok, it looks like spaghetti had too much pannini. Or too many exams! thanks for the encouragement darrling!

FKJ said...

an offensive blog then...

i LOVE it...

Lady V said...

Oh dear. I found myself in a category. Writing because one cannot express oneself in real life? Check. Fear of being judged? Check. Oh dear.... Go decline, go!

bogart said...

you are brilliant!
i actually clicked on god.is.
so.cool.org disappointed it didn't lead anywhere.

Pavlusha34 said...

Decline, you are not allowed to make lady v worry about what box she is in! Will you make a regular mel gibso category, por favor?